Buying a home on Singer Island or for that matter anywhere in the Palm Beaches can be exciting and rewarding. The internet is full of advice and property statistics that help educate the buyer. But beware that not all information is accurate; in fact, do to the fast pace of change in the market, much of the information is quickly outdated and inaccurate. The only way to be sure of the market conditions is to employ a Realtor. Choose one that knows the area and is aware of the current market trends. This person can save you time and money as well as bring a successful conclusion to your home search.
As you start out on your search, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Don’t buy if you can’t stay put.
- Start by shoring up your credit.
- Aim for a home you can really afford.
- If you can’t put down the usual 20 percent, you may still qualify for a loan.
- Buy in a district with good schools.
- Get professional help.
- Choose carefully between points and rate.
- Before house hunting, get pre-approved.
- Do your homework before bidding.
- Hire a home inspector.
For more detail on each point, please go to the full article at: CNNMoney.
For more information on the Singer Island real estate market, contract Jeannie Walker at 561-889-6734 or email her at [email protected]