Easy low-cost or no-cost tips for conserving energy:
1. Do not let the water run when brushing your teeth.
2. Turn off lights when exiting a room.
3. Air dry clothes instead of using a dryer
4. Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
5. Close curtains and blinds at night; open them during the day.
6. Use a covered kettle or pan to boil water; it is faster and uses less energy.
7. Make sure computer monitors go into “sleep” mode within 15 minutes of suspended usage.
8. Unplug small appliances that aer used infrequently to avoid electricity “bleed”.
9. Clean filters and furnaces once a month, or as needed.
Start today and every day – every little bit helps!